Urinary Incontinence in a Nutshell
- Urinary Incontinence (UI) is very common in women of all ages.
- All types of urinary incontinence is manageable at any age.
- PRP or Platelet Rich Plasma offers a natural, safe and viable management option for Urinary Incontinence in many women.
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy. Platelet Rich Plasma PRP with or without stem cells can be very effective in improving Urinary Incontinence. It is a simple, relatively painless procedure. The PRP rejuvenates the nerves, muscles and clitoral/ urethral/ bladder/ vaginal interface.
PRP- Platelet Rich Plasma for Urinary Incontinence
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is a regenerative treatment and has been used extensively to manage degenerative arthritis and acute injury in orthopedic medicine for over a decade with excellent results.
- PRP can be very effective in improving Urinary Incontinence via regeneration of your own healthy tissue to reverse some of the changes that lead to urinary incontinence. PRP treatment is a simple, relatively painless procedure.
- The PRP contains several growth factors; platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF), transforming growth factor (TGF), platelet factor interleukin (IL), platelet-derived angiogenesis factor (PDAF), vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), epidermal growth factor (EGF), insulin-like growth factor IGF and fibronectin.
- These growth factors are released upon activation of platelets and lead to rejuvenation of the muscles, nerves, blood vessels in the distal female genitourinary tract; the clitoral- urethral- bladder-vaginal interface.
Patients treated with PRP and vaginal muscle training exercises experience reduction in Urinary Incontinence, improvement and strengthening of orgasmic activity, improvement in sensation of clitoris and reduction of pain during intercourse.
In our practice, we utilize a combination of behavioral remedies, pelvic muscle strengthening and PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) injection treatment for management of Urinary Incontinence, vaginal rejuvenation and improvement of sexual decline. PRP for Urinary Incontinence is not for everyone. It is best to have a detailed consultation with the provider and to discuss your systems to determine which treatment is most suitable for your Urinary Incontinence.
PRP for Urinary Incontinence is not for everyone. It is best to have a detailed consultation with the provider and to discuss your systems to determine which treatment is most suitable for your Urinary Incontinence.